Nature Vibe Organic Black Cumin Seed Ground, 16 OZNV200158
Nature Vibe Organic Black Cumin Seed Ground, 16 OZ
About this item
- Also known as black cumin, nigella or by its scientific name Nigella sativa, kalonji belongs to the buttercup family of flowering plants. It grows up to 12 inches (30 cm) tall and produces a fruit with seeds that are used as a flavorful spice in many cuisines. In addition to its culinary use, kalonji is known for its medicinal properties.
- People should note that this spice should not be confused with another plant also named black cumin with the Latin name of Bunium bulbocastanum.
- The flowers of Nigella sativa are delicate and usually colored pale blue and white, with five to ten petals.
- Nigella sativa has a strong bitter taste and smell and is widely used primarily in confectionery and liquors.
- The high antioxidant content of kalonji may help to health protection